- The 250 is the ideal introduction for absolute beginners to open water.
- Many use this swim as the stepping stone towards longer swims and triathlon challenges.
- The 250 is a good warmup for "TryAthy" the beginner triathlon event at TriAthy.
- The 250 starts north of Crom-a-boo bridge, and finishes at the ramp/jetty close to the Courthouse at Athy.
- Swimmers go by the historic White Castle, and thread one of the eyes of Crom-a-boo bridge before finishing at the jetty.
- The entire swim goes with the gentle current of the River Barrow.
- Please note that wetsuits are mandatory for this swim.
Did you know?
- The River Barrow is Ireland's second longest River and only becomes navigable for boats from Athy onwards.
- At Athy, it is generally shallow during May with water temperatures in the region of 13 degrees.