- The 750 is a good open water swim for beginners or intermediate swimmers;
- It is the same swim as for the Sprint event at TriAthy;
- The 750 starts north of Crom-a-boo bridge and finishes at the ramp/jetty close to the Courthouse at Athy.
- To start, swimmers face upstream and swim against the current for the first 250m
- After rounding a marker, the remaining 500m is fully downstream.
- Swimmers go by White Castle, and thread one of the eyes of Crom-a-boo bridge before finishing at the jetty.
- Please note that wetsuits are mandatory for this swim.
Did you know?
- The River Barrow is Ireland's second longest River and only becomes navigable for boats from Athy onwards.
- At Athy, it is generally shallow during May with water temperatures in the region of 13 degrees.